We’ve all made a mistake at some point of throwing our expensive Samsung S20 or S21 plus smartphone into a jacket pocket, handbag, or backpack without a screen cover, and we become enraged when we discover a scratch on the screen. Millions of cellphones drop screen-side to the ground daily and get unsightly scratches.
Here are a few tips that could make scratch removal easier.
Precautions Before Attempting any Techniques
- Please avoid pressing the screen with anything sharp such as a pen or fingernail.
- Could you not put too much pressure on it? Please be mindful that too much pressure or force on the primary screen could cause scratches or other damage.
- It is not suggested that you remove the screen protector film or apply other films or stickers, as this may cause device damage. In addition, unapproved screen protectors may cause sensor failure.
- Magnets are present in your gadget. Keep your device a safe distance away from anything that interests might impact.
How to Remove Scratches From a Phone Screen
The following methods will help reduce scratches on the phone’s touch screen.
Glass Polish Kits (Cerium Oxide)
Cerium oxide, a mild adhesive, can also be used to delicately polish a smartphone. Polishing the phone’s glass is a successful way to fix a scratched screen, especially if you only need to touch up a few minor dings. Additionally, many glass polish kits for phones come with buffing pads and other polishing tools to reach nooks and crannies.
When you apply it on your phone screen, it gives a smooth impression. As a result, deeper gouges may lessen visibility, while minor scratches may disappear.
A glass polish package costs more money than toothpaste. Most people say that using toothpaste to erase scratches from a phone’s touch screen is effective. Avoid damaging your screen; use non-gel toothpaste with a delicate cloth if you want to give it a shot before switching to a liquid screen protector. Instead of spreading toothpaste to the entire screen because toothpaste is intended to be a mild abrasive, concentrate it on the minor marks and scratches. Be sure to seal any ports or apertures you don’t want toothpaste clogged.
There are high-quality smartphone scratch removers. Novus, Scratch Out, and even Displex are just a few of the well-known ones.
Follow the steps to apply remover:
- The first step is to thoroughly wipe down your Samsung device with a clean microfiber to eliminate any dirt, dust, or fingerprints that may already be on it. After that, give the screen some time to dry.
- After the screen has dried, rub a small amount of the smartphone scratch remover gently over the scratched area using a clean microfiber cloth or a small buffer pad.
- Continue using it for 5-7 minutes in a circular motion. However, if the scratches are intense, you may need to extend the application period and leave the solution on the scratched region for an additional ten minutes.
- Wipe the residue off the screen once it has dried over the damaged area with a clean, dry cloth. The noticeable scratches are typically removed after using the scratch remover solution.
Purchase Liquid Screen Protector
Consider purchasing a liquid screen protector. The most long-lasting screen protection you can get is a liquid screen protector, which can stop scratches from occurring in the first place.
A liquid screen protector fills in microscopic scratches in the glass, strengthening it more than before and shielding the device from knicks, and scratches.
Change the Screen
If none of those mentioned above solutions works, it may be necessary to replace the touch screen completely. It’s not always possible to smooth out or fill in deep gouges.
Numerous carriers and phone manufacturers offer convenient choices for screen repair because cracked and scratched displays are an issue that affects many phones.
Getting a screen protector and case when you buy a new phone is a smart move to safeguard your investment. Of course, prevention is the best repair, but if your phone screen is scratched, you have three options: try to fix it yourself, have the screen replaced entirely, or decide to sell your phone.