It is an open secret that kitchens are one of the ultimate essential rooms in any house or apartment. They are the backbone of a home and are also one of the most busy spaces in the entire home. Thus, renovating a kitchen can be an effective idea to bring efficiency, as well as an aesthetically pleasing environment around the space. But how to do it?
There are many modern ideas that normally house owners implement to give their kitchen get an exceptional outlook. For instance, the vinyl ceiling tiles installed in the ceiling create an eye-catchy, appealing outlook.
But revamping a small space kitchen can be a challenging task most of the time. This is because small spaces never let you implement modern-day ideas to make your kitchen look aesthetically pleasing. So, what to do?
Don’t worry; today’s blog brings you the top contemporary ideas to renovate a small space kitchen effectively. So, let’s get started.
Contemporary Ideas to Renovate a Small Space Kitchen
Today, in a fast-paced world, everyone wants things done quickly and efficiently. This is why it is crucial that you have the right tools to cook in your kitchen. However, if you have a small kitchen space, it can be challenging to renovate it. Here are some tips on how to remodel your small space kitchen!
Choosing the right color palette to decorate your space is essential to creating a functional, modern space that will feel inviting and reflect your personality. You can take inspiration from these palettes:
- Cool blues and grays make small spaces feel larger, as does a white space. If you’re looking for a more traditional look, try using earthy tones like browns and greens in lieu of blue or gray.
- If you want something more modern or contemporary, use bright colors like reds, purples, and yellows—just are sure not to go overboard! This color scheme can help draw attention away from the fact that you live in a smaller area without sacrificing comfort or style!
Natural lighting is good for the mind and body. Consider skylights, windows, and mirrors to maximize natural lighting in your kitchen. Use natural light to your advantage by placing appliances where they can be seen in sunlight or by installing overhead lighting above countertops.
Cabinets & Drawers
Cabinets and drawers are one of the easiest ways to maximize storage in a small space kitchen. By placing cabinets above the countertop, you can use them to hide appliances and other items that don’t necessarily need to be on display all the time. If you have space under your sink, consider installing pullout drawers there, so they’re out of sight but still accessible when you need them.
Again, stacking your drawers will save space by minimizing how much vertical space each drawer takes up in an average drawer unit. There are also pantry cabinet inserts that can be used for storing utensils or other small items like condiments or spices—and some of these will even include dividers, so everything stays nicely organized!
Be Creative with the Countertop Space
If you’re limited on space, then you need to get creative with how you utilize the little space that you do have. One thing you can do is use the space under the sink as storage for extra items, such as oil and vinegar bottles, salt and pepper shakers, utensils, etc. This way, they’re out of sight but still within reach when you need them most!
Another idea is to use the top of cabinets or appliances as shelf space for fruit bowls, vases, or other decorative pieces (or just more dishes).
Finally—if you have room above your oven or microwave—there’s no reason why that area can’t be used as a cutting board surface too!
Upgrade Your Appliances
Here are some ideas for upgrading your appliances to match the rest of your kitchen:
- Replace the microwave-. If you have a small space, it’s important that every appliance has a purpose and a place in the kitchen. The microwave is one thing that many people don’t use frequently, so if it’s taking up valuable real estate, consider replacing it with something else.
- Upgrade your fridge (and freezer) doors- A new door can make an old refrigerator look new again! If you’re on a budget and don’t want to invest in an entirely new fridge, consider just replacing one or both of the doors—it’ll still give your tiny kitchen an instant facelift!
- Add Storage Space- Consider adding more storage space by building up instead of out when renovating your kitchen cabinets. One way to do this is by installing open shelving above existing cabinets so that they can be used as extra storage space without taking up floor area or making access difficult for anyone who uses wheelchairs or walkers regularly.